Regenerative Medicine & Biological Therapies Symposium and Practical Workshop
August 11-12, 2018
Austin, TX. USA
Registration Fee: $1950.00
WAPMU holds this workshop only once a year
Date and Time
August 11-12, 2018- Austin, TX. USA
Saturday August 11th Didactic, Panel Discussions, Demonstrations, Live-model/patients - 8:00am-5:00pm
Sunday August 12th - Didactic, Panel Discussions, Demonstrations and Cadaver training- 8:00am-5:00pm
JW Marriott Austin
110 East 2nd Street
Austin, TX. 78701
RESIDENTS & FELLOWS
WAPMU provides the opportunity for Residents or Fellows to register to attend all of WAPMU events at a substantial discount.
For more information, CLICK HERE
Anesthesiology, Pain Medicine, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Neurology, Neurological Surgery, Orthopedic surgery, Radiology
- Educate clinicians with the background, rational, history, descriptions / options, regulations and applications for regenerative therapies
- Definitions and A-B-C’s
- Provide attendees with the resources of how to utilize these therapies for MSK disorders
- PRP, PPC, A2M, BMC, Adipose, and allogeneic
- Didactic lectures, select case reviews, video demonstrations, hands-on training with live models and cadaver lab
- Hands-on processing stations for various regenerative options
- Understand how to with a cash-based offering vs. traditional insurance
- Review best practices for regenerative therapies in procedure rooms and pre / post care
OBJECTIVES ACHIEVED UPON COMPLETION:
- Understand current indications based on current evidence, and potential choices of regenerative therapies
- Understand the regulatory landscape
- Understand and current utilization of ultrasound and fluoroscopy guidance
- Recognize and be able to utilize ultrasound & fluoroscopy for various MSK injections
- Be able to understand the basics of marketing regenerative therapies
- Maximizing patient treatment
RMC (regenerative medicine certification):
In addition to earning 16.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM, upon completion of post-course review a course completion certificate is provided.
- Sheldon Jordan, MD, UCLA Medical Center, Neurological Associates of West Los Angeles CA. USA
- Eugene Roh, MD, Stanford University, CA. USA
- Matthew Murphy, PhD, Murphy Technology Consulting, TX. USA
- Einar Ottestad, MD, Stanford University, CA. USA
- Amitabh Gulati, MD, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, NY. USA
- Mark Friedrich Hurdle, MD, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL. USA
- Stephan Esser, MD, Southeast Orthopedic Specialists, FL. USA
- Michael Gofeld, MD, PhD., University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
- David Klein, Klein New Media, CO. USA
- David Woznica, MD, MS, Caring Medical Regenerative Medicine Clinics, IL. USA
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
This activity has been planned and implemented by Dannemiller and WAPMU. In support of improving patient care, Dannemiller is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Dannemiller designates this live activity for a maximum of 16.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ADA statement: Dannemiller and the WAPMU fully comply with the legal requirements of the ADA and the rules and regulations thereof. If any participant in this educational activity is in need of accommodations, please contact Scot Sarver at email@example.com by August 1, 2018 to receive service.
Faculty Disclosure: As a provider accredited by ACCME, Dannemiller must ensure balance, independence, objectivity and scientific rigor in its educational activities. Course director(s), planning committee, faculty, and all others who are in a position to control the content of this educational activity are required to disclose all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest related to the subject matter of the educational activity. Safeguards against commercial bias have been put in place. Faculty also will disclose any off-label and/or investigational use of pharmaceuticals or instruments discussed in their presentation. Disclosure of this information will be published in course materials so those participants in the activity may formulate their own judgments regarding the presentation.